|1 results of 1||Open Now|
Cavendish is a township in the Shire of Southern Grampians in the Western District of Victoria, Australia on the Wannon River. At the 2006 census, Cavendish and the surrounding area had a population of 454.The township was settled in the early 1850s, the Post Office opening on 1 April 1853. A railway line linking the town to Hamilton was opened on 2 November 1915.The local pub, The Bunyip Hotel is placed right on the banks of the Wannon River.
The Bridge Cafe is also a small general store, with gas bottle exchange available, and clean and welcoming dine-in facilities.
There is a walk along the Wannon River, with views of waterbirds and other birds, as well as sheep, which, along with cattle, are a major local industry.
Four churches service the Community. There is also a caravan/camping area, a Police Station, and some accommodation if required. The Kindergarten and Primary School are well attended.
Cavendish is a little stop between Dunkeld, the Grampians and Halls Gap, as well as being between Horsham and Hamilton and many other rural towns. The mobile library from Hamilton makes regular visits, and there is also a Men's Shed.
It has a football team playing in the South West District Football League.
|Our new tool powered by|