|1 results of 1||Open Now|
Codrington is a locality on Portland Bay in the south-west of Victoria, Australia. The Princes Highway passes through it.
At the 2006 census, it and the neighbouring township of Yambuk and the surrounding area had a population of 540.It is the site of Pacific Hydro’s Yambuk Wind Farm and the adjacent Codrington Wind Farm.
Codrington is notable for the wind farm and for being the only township in Australia to be named after a bushranger. In 1850 Victorian bushranger Henry Garratt used the alias Codrington Revingstone when he held up the Portland to Port Fairy mail coach three times causing the area to become known as Codrington's Forest.
In the 1870s a township was surveyed on the projected road to Portland close to the coast at 38°16′40″S 141°56′26″E and named Codrington after the surveyed parish in the County of Villiers which had been earlier named as Codrington.
A road was later built inland and the township was never populated.
Codrington Post Office opened on 19 August 1878 and closed in 1966.