|1 results of 1||Open Now|
Franklinford is a small community in the Central Highlands of Victoria, Australia, located in the Shire of Hepburn.
It was the site chosen by Edward Stone Parker to build the Loddon Aboriginal Protectorate station at Franklinford in January 1841 which was an important focus of the Dja Dja Wurrung people from 1841 until they were forcibly resettled in 1864. It is located on the Midland Highway.
At the 2016 census, Franklinford had a population of 66 people.There is no longer any general store or hotel in the town; the nearest being at Newstead, Hepburn or Daylesford.
|Our new tool powered by|