|1 results of 1||Open Now|
Kilmore East is a locality in the Australian state of Victoria, 90 kilometres north of Melbourne. At the 2011 census, Kilmore East had a population of 353.
Kilmore East railway and telegraph station was established in 1872 to serve Kilmore.
The Post Office at Kilmore East opened on 1 September 1872 as Gavan Duffy, named after Sir Charles Gavan Duffy the Premier of Victoria until June of that year. It was renamed Kilmore East two months later and closed in 1976. Gavan Street and Duffy Street are reminders of the original township name.
In 1976, a bluestone quarry was developed 3 km to the north of the station.
A hilltop above Saunders Road was identified as the starting point of a major bushfire on 7 February 2009 that devastated many localities to the south-east including Wandong and Kinglake. An investigation put some of the blame on a recloser that tried to restore power to a "dangling" power line.