Wantirna is a suburb of Melbourne in Victoria, Australia. It is 24 km east of Melbourne's central business district. Its local government area is the City of Knox. According to the 2006 census Wantirna had a population of 13,978. Its name is derived from the local aboriginal population's meaning for, "a gurgling stream".
The Knox Private Hospital and Westfield Knox shopping centre are located in Wantirna.
The EastLink tollway runs through Wantirna with interchanges at Boronia Road and Burwood Highway.
Wantirna was first settled in 1840 when Mrs. Madeline Scott established the "Bushy Park" cattle run on the banks of the Dandenong Creek. During the 1870s other pioneers opened up the area to settlement. In 1912 the need for a school to serve the local area soon became apparent in this small but fast-growing area; the Finger family donated two acres of land on the southern side of Mountain Hwy (then known as Wantirna-Sassafrass Rd) and a timber schoolhouse was opened. The Finger and Fankhauser families were prime movers in the erection of the Methodist Church opened opposite the school in May 1914, and a Parish Hall was built on Burwood Highway in 1924. Wantirna Post Office opened on 1 November 1913, closed in 1977, and reopened in 1983. The Wantirna Reserve was provided by the council in 1925 and a tennis court was built there shortly afterwards. In December 1939, after the outbreak of World War II, West Prussia Road was renamed Wantirna Road.
Locations in Wantirna, especially Westfield Knox, are occasionally used to shoot the soap opera Neighbours.